Capital is a comprehensive, independent university grounded in the Lutheran tradition. We offer an experiential, intimate and urban education with a professional staff that creates both a challenging, yet personalized learning environment.
Capital promotes an educational experience that takes place both in and outside the classroom, preparing students for the pursuit of lifelong learning and instilling in them a sense of obligation in making their world a better place.
- Main campus located in Bexley, Ohio, a suburb of Columbus
- The oldest university in Central Ohio
- Founded in 1830 by the Lutheran Church
- One of the oldest and largest Lutheran-affiliated universities in North America
- Educational mission based on Lutheran values of:
- Free inquiry
- Critical thinking
Students & Faculty
Capital is home to 3,629 undergraduate and graduate students, with over 700 Freshman.
We employ 200 full-time and nearly 200 part-time faculty to help keep our class sizes small and give students the individual attention they need.
Our student to faculty ratio is 12:1 for undergraduate students and in fall 2010, 56 percent of our classes had 20 students or less.